Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book #12


Dark Slayer, by Christine Feehan. Unabridged Audio.

I am ususally not a reader of paranormal romance. OK, I admit that I did read the Twilight saga, but that was just to be culture-current, and to be clear, I thought they were horrendous on a multitude of levels.

But I was out of audiobooks, and I was in the library, and this was on the shelves. And although I usually don't pick up series in the middle, from what the back of the book said, this was a new POV character. So with some trepidation, fully understanding that I am not the book's target demographic, I picked it up.

The plot revolves around a female werewolf, one of the great vampire slayers of all time. Meeting for the first time in her life, her "life mate," the pair battles the head vampire and mage. They battle together, they have misunderstandings, they flirt, they have a few explicit scenes, and they battle more. I don't think it's a spoiler for this genre to mention it has a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment