Friday, June 17, 2011

Book #40


Saints for Sinners, by Alban Goodier, S.J.

This is a nice little collection of brief autiobiographies of saints, all of whom had troubling pasts or interesting lives that make them good examples for those of us whose lives aren't straight paths to holiness.

The nine saints chronicled here include a few that I was pretty familiar with, such as St. Augustine and St. John of the Cross. I had heard of a few others, but knew little of them: St. John of God and St. Francis Xavier fall into this category. But there were many here that I was not familiar with and whose lives I found inspiring, such as St. Joseph of Cupertino and St. Margaret of Cortona.

I am a fan of church history and stories of the saint always have interested me, so this book was definitely right up my alley. And I did enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment