Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This Week in Reading

I always have an unabridged audiobook going, as well as an old-fashioned paper-book going. It doesn't happen very often, but a few times a year based on chance and probability, I finish both of these on the same day.  That is what happened yesterday (reviews coming in the next week), and I am not totally sure what I am going to start next.

I read the dead-tree version of James W. Hall's thriller Hell's Bay, and the only reason I actaully "read" that one was that my library has most of Hall's novels on audio, but not this one.  This novel came out a few years ago, but I put it of, waiting for the audio to become available -- but it didn't. Last time I checked, the audio of the next of Hall's novels is at the library, so I will pick it up soon. I am looking at a non-fiction book as my next paper-book, but we'll see.

The audio that I did listen to was Anne McCaffrey's Renegades of Pern, which is about the 10th Pern novel I've read. I am not passionate about the series, as some are, but every year or two, I pick another one up and generally enjoy it. Next up for my earbuds is probably another dragon-related novel (purely a coincidence), the lastest novel in Naomi Novik's Temeraire series.

No comments:

Post a Comment