Monday, May 11, 2015

Podcasting Update

The Book Guys Show has been on an unanticipated hiatus for a month or so, but I have stayed busy with my own podcasts, and occasionally guesting on my friends' shows.

For the 50th episode of my Quarter-Bin Podcast, I was joined by fellow podcasters Paul Spataro, Ed Moore, and Tom Panarese to talk about the most over-hyped, over-produced, and discount-binned comic book of all-time, Turok Dinosaur Hunter #1. When then used that issue book as a jumping-off point for a longer discussion about the state of the comic book industry. We were joined by The Irredeemable Shag for this part of the conversation, which was released as an episode of Relative Geeky Presents.

A few of my podcasting buddies were also kind enough to invite me on to their shows:

Unofficial 75 Greatest Marvels Countdown Podcast #59. I talked with host W. Blaine Dowler to talk about the "Armor Wars" storyline that ran in issues 225-231 of Iron Man, in 1987 & 1988. The story is rightly considered a classic.

Just One of the Guys #163. I joined Shawn Engel to talk about two issues of the six-part Black Circle mini-series. We talked about Green Arrow #24 and Green Lantern #163. Considering that they were the middle 2 parts of a longer story, they were surprisingly good issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment